WHAT HOURS WILL CULINARY SERVICES BE OPEN DURING THE SUMMER? (UPDATED 7/6/21)
See below for a PDF document listing summer hours of operation, or visit our dining hours page.
WHEN DO SUMMER DINING PLANS BEGIN? (UPDATED 5/3/21)
For summer residents, dining plans will begin on Tuesday, May 4 and end on Thursday, Aug. 19. Please note that while we transition semesters, Combo-X-Change will be unavailable for on-campus residents. Students with off-campus dining plans and faculty/staff can continue to use their meal accesses.
For more information on summer housing and dining, please visit liveon.msu.edu/summer-housing.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES HAS CULINARY SERVICES IMPLEMENTED WITHIN ITS OPERATIONS? (UPDATED 6/29/21)
Throughout MSU Culinary Services' operations, the safety and well-being of guests and team members is our top priority. The health and safety measures we have in place align with university guidance, as well as federal and state recommendations.
Effective June 28, MSU has lifted most of its own COVID-19 mandates. There is an exception for health care settings. More information can be found on the Together We Will website.
- Many people in our community may choose to wear a face covering (even if they are vaccinated) or physically distance themselves. This includes Culinary Services team members. We must support and respect everyone as they make personal decisions about their health, safety and comfort.
- Residential dining halls and MSU Union Food Court will be cashless operations in the fall, and will only accept meal plans, Spartan Cash, and debit/credit cards in order to reduce the need to transfer currency between the guest and host.
- Plexiglass currently remains at points of sale and host stands for separation.
- Grab and go options are available within retail dining locations.
- Holden Dining Hall closes from 3-5 p.m. daily to allow for additional cleaning and transition of staff. In the fall, we plan to close dining halls from 3:30-4:30 p.m. for this purpose.
- Physical distancing protocols have been implemented, including floor graphics and line queuing.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our locations for guests to utilize.
- Dining halls are staffed with additional team members dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing various areas.
- We have replaced our standard cleaner (QC 54 Peroxide Glass Cleaner) with Peroxide Multi-surface Disinfectant, which is EPA-approved effective against Coronavirus – COVID-19
CAN I EAT IN THE DINING HALL? (UPDATED 5/3/21)
Dine-in seating is currently available in Holden Dining Hall. There is no limit to the number of people per table. As an alternative to dining in, guests can take out up to 3 containers per access.
IS THERE A PRE-ORDER OPTION FOR DINING? (UPDATED 5/3/21)
In 2020, we implemented Transact Mobile Ordering, which allows guest to pre-order a meal for pickup and pay using an on-campus dining plan (Silver, Gold and Platinum), Spartan Cash and debit/credit cards as a payment option.
Please note mobile ordering is unavailable in the summer. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Mobile ordering will be available on Sept. 1, 2021.
In the fall, we will offer additional locations for mobile ordering. If you'd like to prepare in advance by setting up the app, please see our mobile ordering page for download instructions.
Our Starbucks locations currently utilize Grubhub. They will be transitioning to Transact in the near future to ensure all MSU dining locations that offer mobile ordering are on the same platform.
For housing updates, please visit the MSU Live On website.
For more information regarding the Division of Residential and Hospitality Services’ response to COVID-19, visit rhs.msu.edu/covid19. To learn more about MSU’s response, visit msu.edu/together-we-will.