Throughout MSU Culinary Services’ operations, the safety and well-being of guests and team members is our top priority. The health and safety measures we have in place align with university guidance, as well as federal and state recommendations.
Updated COVID-19 requirements for fall semester were announced on Friday, July 30, 2021. Additional information can be found on the Together We Will website.
- All individuals are required to wear masks indoors beginning Aug. 1 in all campus buildings and other MSU facilities.
- All students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Aug. 31.
Below is additional information on health and safety measures implemented by Culinary Services.
- Many people in our community may choose to wear a face covering (even if they are outdoors and fully vaccinated) or physically distance themselves. We must support and respect everyone as they make personal decisions about their health, safety and comfort.
- In accordance with current university guidelines, a face covering must be worn indoors in all MSU facilities. You can only remove your face covering if you are seated at a table and eating/drinking.
- Residential dining halls and MSU Union Food Court will be cashless operations in the fall, and will only accept dining plans, Spartan Cash, and debit/credit cards in order to reduce the need to transfer currency between the guest and host.
- Plexiglass currently remains at points of sale and host stands for separation.
- Grab & go options and mobile ordering are offered for convenience and flexibility. Although takeout from dining halls will no longer be a Combo-X-Change option beginning in fall semester 2021, we will expand other services and implement additional mobile ordering locations.
- During fall semester, residential dining halls will close from 3:30-4:30 p.m. daily to allow for additional cleaning and sanitation.
- Dining halls are staffed with additional team members dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing various areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our locations for guests to utilize.
- We have replaced our standard cleaner (QC 54 Peroxide Glass Cleaner) with Peroxide Multi-surface Disinfectant, which is EPA-approved effective against Coronavirus – COVID-19