MSU Culinary Services has implemented the following health and safety measures to ensure guests have a safe experience while dining on campus.
- Masks have been provided to Culinary Services team members and are currently required as part of the uniform.
- Guests of all dining and retail operations are required to wear masks.
- Residential dining has eliminated cash options and will only accept meal plans, Spartan Cash, debit or credit cards in order to reduce the need to transfer currency between guest and host.
- Installation of Plexiglass at point of sale and host stands for separation.
- Self-serve areas have been converted to fully served. This includes all service ware, condiments and beverages.
- All menu items have converted to grab and go style and are being distributed with single use disposable silverware and individually packed condiment containers.
- Grab and go options are available within residential dining and retail dining.
- Dining halls close from 3-5 p.m. to allow for additional cleaning and transition of staff.
- Physical distancing protocols have been implemented, including floor graphics and line queuing.
- Chairs have been secured to tables to discourage the movement of furniture for those enjoying dine-in service.
- Antiseptic wipes are being provided for guests to sanitize.
- Dining halls are staffed with additional team members dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing various areas.
- We have replaced our standard cleaner (QC 54 Peroxide Glass Cleaner) with Peroxide Multi-surface Disinfectant, which is EPA-approved effective against Coronavirus – COVID-19.
- Staff are completing health screening questionnaires prior to beginning their shift. If they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, they are immediately sent home and not allowed to return to work until:
At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.