- two 4 oz. pieces of frozen salmon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ bag frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup rice
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- In the refrigerator, thaw salmon overnight.
- Season salmon with 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and reserve.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add frozen broccoli to the water for 1 minute and then drain and reserve.
- Thoroughly rinse rice under cold water.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil and add the rice.
- Reduce heat to low (2-3 on an electric stove), and cover the rice.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, and let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Do not uncover or stir during the cooking process.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and cook the salmon on medium-high heat on one side for about 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked 2/3 of the way. You can tell by the color change on the side of the piece of fish. Flip the salmon over, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to plate.
- Heat a sauté pan, add butter and then the broccoli. Sauté for 1 minute. Season with remaining salt and pepper, then serve.
- When dinner is ready, take a fork and run it through the pot with the rice to lightly separate the grains. This is called fluffing or forking the rice.
Check out a video of how to make this recipe on the landing page for Let's Get Cooking!