- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 jar of red sauce from Sparty’s Market at 1855 Place
- ½ box of Barilla spaghetti
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Lightly pound out each chicken breast to make them all uniformly thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork and then add ½ cup water to thin out the egg and make an egg wash.
- Place flour in shallow dish. Lightly flour each chicken piece, then put into the egg wash, and then dip into the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Repeat this for all 4 pieces.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Cook chicken over medium heat for about two minutes on each side until the breading is a golden brown. Remove from the pan, and place on a sheet tray that is lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons of red sauce, put into a preheated oven, cook for about 8 minutes, and remove the chicken.
- Bring water to a boil and salt water with the 2 tablespoons of salt. Add the dry pasta to the water and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally. After 8 minutes, strain pasta out of water and lightly toss noodles with ½ cup of the red sauce.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella and put back into the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and top with ½ of the shredded Parmesan.
- Put the pasta on the plate, and top with remaining Parmesan. Add chicken to the plate and serve.
Check out a video of how to make this recipe on the landing page for Let's Get Cooking!